One bag fresh baby spinach
3/4 to 1 cup mozarella cheese, shredded (I use part skim)
chicken, or other protein of choice, cooked and diced
While it is cooking, spread 6 pitas on a jelly roll pan.
If desired, add the meat to your onions and stir around for about a minute. Add onion mixture, divided equally, on top of each bed of spinach.
Pop it in the heated oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve.
It's amazing how much the spinach shrinks while it cooks.
The hubs likes to add a little extra flavor to his.
Just fold in half and enjoy!!
- I usually use 1-2 baked chicken breasts, diced but I happened to have store bought diced turkey that day so I used that.
- I have also used canned chicken (rotating my food storage). It tastes ok. Definitely add it to your onion while it's cooking!
- You could use tofu as well.
- I've done just onion, mushroom and bell pepper (no meat) before.
- I have also used spinach and arugula blend.
- I have used "adult" spinach. I will tell you that has much more spinach flavor so be aware of that if you don't like the taste of spinach.
- I was looking at the website of the pitas we use (because they're hard to find in stores) and they have a similar recipe. I might have to try it sometime.
Oh, and for my fellow Weight Watchers, each pita pizza = 4 PointsPlus™ (this will vary depending on the pitas and the type and amount of cheese and other toppings used).
Have a great weekend!
Linking up to: